What companies are NOT a good fit for the BTP job board?
Black Tech Pipeline partners with companies who truly practice safety, diversity, equity and inclusion internally and externally. We promote companies and organizations who are taking actionable steps to support their team members from marginalized communities in visible and impactful ways. Your company is not a good fit if:
- If your company builds and profits (in any way) off of harmful technology or products targeting marginalized groups.
- If your company does not have conversations, policies or practices around diversity, equity and inclusion, especially when it comes to marginalized/underrepresented employees and talent.
- If your company has been in the media for harming underrepresented groups in the workplace and significant internal change has not been made since to repair the damages made.
- If your company has not made an effort to/nor intends to make an effort to retain, support and promote your current marginalized/underrepresented employees internally, especially Black and Brown.
- If your companies DEI initiatives are performative. *ie: posts on social media, talks about DEI for show but has no data or feedback supporting their claims to having good internal practices
Can I apply to opportunities if I’m not Black?
Of course! Our job board is public and open to all.
Black Tech Pipeline centers Black technologists, which means that we prioritize our community members. Our partnerships are centered around providing Black technologists and professionals open opportunities, but are not exclusionary to anyone else.
Our #1 rule is that anyone utilizing our platform, either as an opportunity giver or seeker, does not discriminate, exclude, harm or support harm against any marginalized group of people in any way, shape or form.
What is the best way to begin a partnership with BTP?
Fill out this form to schedule a 15 or 30 minute call with us!
Is the BTP newsletter open to collaborations or promotions?
Absolutely! Our newsletter features generate very positive responses from our subscribers. However, we will only promote jobs, internships and apprenticeships in our newsletter for our job board partners due to that being a feature of paying for our job board service. *certain promotions do require payment
If you want to know if your opportunity is a good fit, send us a message through our contact form!
Does BTP collect sensitive information?
Black Tech Pipeline does not collect or hold any sensitive data. We use third-party tools to collect analytics, and to secure all payment and login information.
Does BTP offer DEI workshops?
Outside of our 90-day check-in model with recruitments made through TalentMatch, no. We recommend looking into and contacting Canopy Equity Coaching, a consultant group that we frequently recommend to our partners and network.