The Zebra is the nation's leading, independent insurance comparison site. With its dynamic, real-time quote comparison tool, people can identify insurance companies with the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has sought to bring transparency and simplicity to insurance shopping since 2012 — it's "insurance in black and white." We’re a happy, hardworking group, and we’re eager to add “new stripes” to our herd.
Senior Quality Engineer (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
Software Engineer II - Integrations (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
Quality Engineer (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
Senior Software Engineer - Back End (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
Product Designer (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
Remote - Austin, or US
Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
Customer Success Associate
Quality Engineer - Data (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
Remote - Austin, or US
Strategic People Business Partner
Senior Marketing Analyst (Remote - Austin, or U.S.)
Remote - Austin, or US
COME WORK AT THE BEST PLACE TO WORK 🎉
We started The Zebra with a single goal: to simplify insurance. In doing so, we’ve become the nation’s leading insurance comparison site & a trusted partner for our consumers. Not only are we an insurance advisor to millions of customers, we work together every day to make our company the best place to work (and we’ve been voted best place to work for 5 years & counting)!
VALUES THAT HAVE BUILT OUR STRONG🦓🦓
DELIVER AMAZING EXPERIENCES: Excellence comes from within; if our employees aren’t happy, our customers won’t be either! We strive to treat every customer, client, & employee with the titanium rule; treat others how THEY want to be treated...and provide an amazing experience while doing it. This value is what makes us such a diverse & inclusive place to work!
IGNITE IDEAS & MOVE FAST: We move quickly, embrace innovative ideas, iterate, & repeat! As we continue to grow, we are working to maintain that move-fast-get-stuff-done attitude in tandem with creating processes to scale current & future-us.
CHAMPION TRUST: We communicate openly & transparently. No matter our diverse differences, you can’t build a relationship without respect, empathy, & trust.
EXPRESS GRATITUDE: Be grateful for the people around you and the experiences they’ve helped you to create. Positivity spreads. Our gratitude slack channel is always overflowing with love & appreciation for our Zeebs!
DRIVE THE SOLUTION: Assume responsibility for achieving the solution, but always with a focus on collaboration and teamwork. We believe our herd is greater than the sum of our Zeebs...only together are we able to create & drive cutting-edge, innovative solutions.
ALL STRIPES WELCOME✊🏿🌈
At The Zebra we say “all stripes welcome” - and that means all. Diversity means looking at our organization’s big, visible characteristics as well as the ones we can’t see – diversity of thought, background, point of view, experience, & belief systems.
How we celebrate diversity:
- Four Active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that celebrate our individual differences (Shebras: women + allies; Dazzle: LGBTQIA+; Affinity: Minorities + allies; Diversability: disability, neurodiversity, and invisible illnesses).
- A collaborative engineering team split between Austin, Texas and Lagos, Nigeria.
- Proactive sourcing strategies to diversify our pipeline through partnerships with local communities, job boards, colleges, boot camps, overlapping experiences, etc.
ALL CAN EXPECT TO BE TREATED WITH KINDNESS & CARE💜
Treating people “equally” means treating them all the same. Treating people equitably means being sensitive to individual needs, accessibility (& lack thereof), preferences, and motivators.
How we practice equity:
- Standardized Interview Process & Training to reduce bias & increase equitable outcomes
- Benefits & perks that level the playing field for employees
- Provide management training to all managers to promote equitable growth paths for all employees
- Assess which teams lack a balance of perspectives & create hiring goals & strategies to align the teams
BELONGING IN THE PACK😌
We strive to foster an atmosphere where everyone feels not just welcomed but included and engaged – throughout their entire Zebra career.
How we practice inclusion:
- Implemented the Donut platform for employees to virtually meet other zebra's in the org
- Transparency-focused initiatives such as our interactive All Hands Meetings & Ask Me Anythings (with leadership)
- Our paid parental leave policy utilizes inclusive language for caregivers while also differentiating leave for employees based on caregiver status within their family structure.
-Our unlimited Paid Time Off policy allows our employees from various cultural backgrounds to observe days off from work whenever they choose.
A SAFE SPACE TO EXPRESS YOUR TRUE COLORS✨
We implemented The GPS (Goals Problems Solutions) Program; a confidential problem & opportunity identification tool designed to give each employee a voice & to continue to make The Zebra a great place to work.
We have People Business Partners working with every business unit so our Zeebs can easily seek professional guidance and help should they need to go outside their manager/team.
WE TAKE ACTION🗣
We can talk about the value of equity & inclusion all day, but unless we are putting actual dollars & actions behind our ideas, change will not come. We are auditing all of our departments’ policies & procedures from an equity and inclusion lens to ensure that we’re baking effective strategies into the infrastructure of every process we build. We are creating hiring & inclusion goals and continually tracking our progress through real-time feedback surveys to hold ourselves accountable and measure our efforts. We have a full time DEI Recruitment Lead & are hiring an equity & inclusion strategist to work across our organization to ensure we're staying data-driven & action-oriented.
Our leadership team prioritizes a true work life balance & honors this through implementing unlimited paid time off, a company-wide lunch break from 12-1 pm, and stopping work every Friday at 2 pm.
1. Recruiter Screen (30 min)
2. Hiring Manager Screen (30-45 min)
3. Take Home Assignment (as needed, depending on role)
4. Final Zoom Interview (3-4 hours)
- Competitive Compensation & Stock Option Offering
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages
- HSA offering + employer contribution
- 401k with match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program (20 weeks paid leave for primary caregivers, 16 weeks paid leave for secondary caregivers, $5K baby bonus).
- Wellness perk ($100/month)
- Zeal Care - Monthly wellness subscriptions ($35/month)
- Pet Adoption Reimbursement ($300/year)
- Learning & Development Stipend ($1000/year)
- Bi-Monthly Wednesday Catered Lunches
- Curated monthly snack box ($60) sent to your house
- Opportunity to join Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or drive our diversity & inclusion stance by creating your own
- Join a team that truly lives their values, and values their lives (outside of the office. Cliche, we know… but we really mean it)