Soda Health is a healthcare technology company focused on building solutions which eliminate health inequities and create a healthier America. Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) have a major impact on health and wellbeing, as well as the cost of care. Our mission is so important, we found a way to work SDOH into our company name.
ELIMINATE HEALTH INEQUITIES WITH THE SODA HEALTH TEAM⚕️
Our healthcare-centric payment solutions not only promote utilization, but also reduce health plan the administrative costs. Those savings create additional benefit dollars for distribution to individuals in need. Our design philosophy strives for building easy-to-use technology which creates a shopping journey with payment transactions resembling any other retail purchase. That experience also includes seamless card activation and easy access to account balance
As an engineer or product manager at Soda Health, you will create solutions which directly address health inequities. Both our company and our products are health care centric, designed for ease of use. More importantly, it is built with empathy and dignity in mind.
Our tech stack is written in Golang and Angular and hosted on Google Cloud Platform. It's mostly a backend buildout at present.
We are a software startup founded by experts in retail and health care. The majority of our engineering staff has previous successful (and unsuccessful!) startup experience. This is a great opportunity to join and shape a new organization.
OUR COMPANY VALUES💙
- We believe in a relentless focus on solutions which address social determinants of health
- We believe personalized relationships foster better health outcomes
- Our never-ending quest for expanding and deepening market insights yields better incentives for consumers and better performance for our customers
- Good enough is never good enough
DEI AND OUR PRACTICES 💪🏾
Diversity is all about differences. Soda Health celebrates that our team members each come from different cities, states and even countries. This means that we each bring to the table unique insights that help shape the solutions we bring to customers. As we continue to grow the best team we can, we look to hire individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Equity is at the core of Soda Health's DNA. We strive to not only identify health inequities, but create and implement creative solutions to close care gaps, and ultimately eliminate health inequities.
Inclusive = belonging. It is crucial that each and every member of the Soda Health team feels accepted, valued and respected. Our focus to DE&I is not limited to the hiring process. It is weaved into everyday life at Soda Health through trainings, education opportunities and cultural celebrations.
SAFETY & EQUITY PROTOCOLS ✍️
Soda Health promotes equity in a variety of ways, including:
1. Wage transparency and openly discussing team member performance, position and rate of pay
2. Diverse cross-level representation
3. Equitable benefits like parental leave
4. Skills-based hiring
5. Hiring partnerships with programs which serve underrepresented communities, such as Techtonica
Our leadership is just that - leaders. They do not see their role as simply managing others around them, but rather truly leading a team of talented individuals to grow personally and professionally. Time is set aside each month to discuss opportunities to become leaders themselves and set strong, attainable goals. Our unlimited PTO policy and flexible schedule also allows each individual to balance everything important to them from family and hobbies to leisure and travel.
We are working on multiple partnerships to leverage our technology to eliminate health inequities in the communities around us. We strive to help create a pathway for individuals toward a healthy, positive life for them and their families.
INTERVIEW PROCESS 👩🏽🏫
- Send us your resume and answer a couple of questions via webform
- Chris (the CTO, bearded person above) will schedule a 25-minute initial call with you.
- If you are new to the labor force as an engineer, we’ll ask you to work through a software coding exercise, which will take 30 minutes, in the language of your choice.
- Interview. For technical roles, this will include a coding exercise in Golang which will be conducted with Soda Health engineers, followed by a set of behavioral, conversational questions with our people and product managers
- Offer! 🎉
-Competitive salary inclusive of a compelling compensation structure along with a meaningful equity opportunity
-Medical, dental, vision
-Generous paid time off benefit to help you balance your life
Soda Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.