Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe.
Experienced Software Engineer - Identity Verification
Infrastructure Engineer - Tooling & Automation
Experienced Software Engineer - Data Platform
Experienced Security Engineer - Security Operations
Experienced Software Engineer - Financial Institution Developer Experience
Software Engineer - API Connectivity
WE'RE PAVING THE WAY FOR PAYMENT INFRASTRUCTURE ONLINE🧾🌏
At Plaid, we are unlocking financial freedom for everyone. We are focused on democratizing financial services through technology. We build beautiful consumer experiences, developer-friendly infrastructure, and intelligent tools that give everyone the ability to create amazing products that solve big problems. We believe the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and infrastructure developers need to create their own products.
THE 7 PLAID PRINCIPLES👩🏽🏫
- Impact: We are building a company in order to create outcomes for consumers, and for our customers. The work we do is focused on creating extraordinary results for both. We choose what we work on and measure ourselves by the lasting impact created.
- Grow, together: We constantly strive to learn and improve — as individuals, as a team, and as a company. We foster a culture of feedback, delivered frequently and empathetically. We are each responsible for our own growth, and for the growth of those around us.
- Embrace openness and positivity: These characteristics play an important role in how we interact with each other, and how we represent ourselves to the world. We are intentional with our openness (or clear when we cannot be), and we approach our relationships and challenges with optimism.
- Think rigorously; act with urgency: We work diligently to make sound decisions — but we also recognize that speed matters. We move with urgency to bring our work to the world.
- Make it better: Each of us is an owner of Plaid. We are committed to continuous improvement and leaving things better than we found them. It is not perfection we seek, but valuable, pragmatic improvements to our products, our company, and our craft.
- Consumer outcomes via customer love: Plaid exists to improve outcomes for consumers. The primary way we achieve this is through the love and loyalty of our customers. We work with and through our customers, always with the best interest of the consumer in mind.
- Invent tomorrow: We think big and take responsibility for creating the financial ecosystem we want to exist. We don’t wait to see what the future will bring; we create it ourselves.
WE TREAT EACH PLAID TEAM MEMBER EQUITABLY🙏🏾
Diversity is the presence of different identities, backgrounds and perspectives. Diversity enables us to see the world from many different angles, which makes us better problem solvers and creates an environment where we can build even better products. At Plaid, we care deeply about building diverse and representative teams.
Equity recognizes that societal systems can impact people differently, depending on their identity. To create equity, we need to understand how external factors can create bias so we are equipped to combat it. At Plaid, we have a number of internal systems and checks in place to ensure we treat all employees equitably.
While diversity is the presence of difference, inclusivity is an active call for different perspectives and identities to be heard and considered. Inclusivity creates spaces where employees feel safe and like they’re able to be meaningful contributors no matter their background. Last year, we partnered with ReadySet to host company-wide learnings focused on inclusive culture building.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) are incredibly important to Plaid. Our vision is that DEIB is fully embedded into who we are, how we work and what we build. We know that to drive change across the industry, we need to ensure the practice of DEIB within our walls is sustainable. We’re growing our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging (DEIB) team this year to do just that which will, ultimately, support underrepresented people across the industry.
BELONGING & EMPLOYEE HEALTH🖤
We want Plaid to be a place where authenticity is celebrated. We have 4 Plaid Community Groups (a.k.a. Employee Resource Groups) that Plaids are able to join – Women+, Plaids of Color, PLGBTQ+ and Plaids of Faith. These groups provide spaces for employees to build connections at Plaid and an avenue to advocate for issues impacting their communities.
We also survey employees on a quarterly basis to gauge engagement and sentiment for Plaids. We review that data by demographic groups to ensure we’re creating a consistent experience for all employees and use this data to inform future programs.
Leadership supports employee health and happiness through our various People programs including our inclusive benefits and quarterly engagement survey. Leaders are also pivotal in using the data from those surveys to drive positive change for their teams.
CREATING GREAT WORK EXPERIENCES, EVEN IF YOU'RE REMOTE 🎉
Plaid is (Pl)emote First, which means that most Plaids will be able to choose to work where they work best - be that remote in any supported location, in the office, or a mix of both. Importantly, (Pl)emote First does not mean remote-only – we will be focused on bringing people and teams together in our offices through on-sites and other in-office events to promote team alignment, learning opportunities, and relationship building.
We are investing heavily in our offices to create great in person experiences for those who choose to work in the office (including perks like daily breakfast and lunch) and are designing the spaces to also be used for regular team-wide on-sites and in-office events tied to hackathons, holidays and milestones.
This is a general interview process for our technical roles:
- Submit online Application
- Pre-Screen with Recruiter or Hiring Manager
- First Round Interview, typically testing technical skills
- Final Interview Panel👩🏽💻
Our tech stack: Python, Node.js, React, MySQL, MongoDB, TypeScript, Redis, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Sass, AWS Lambda, Go, gRPC, Stack Overflow, Elasticsearch, Git, Docker, Kubernetes, Kibana, Grafana, Sentry, Logstash, BrowserStack, and more.
Plaids are eligible for benefits effective on the date of hire. The benefits below are specific to those located in the United States.
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Commuter Benefits
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Savings Account
• Employer HSA Contributions
• Life Insurance
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• Short-Term Disability
• Long-Term Disability
Additional Benefits: Carrot Fertility, Modern Health, Calm, One Medical, empowerDX, Milk Stork, SmartSpend, SoFi, Kaiser Programs, Kaiser Video Visits, ClassPass Go for Kaiser, LiveHealth Online, Anthem Programs, Anthem Blue Cross EAP, Anthem Blue Cross EAP, Anthem Blue Cross Travel Assist, Guardian EAP, PetPlan.