Our mission is to provide access to health coverage under the Affordable Care Act. We believe that EVERYONE deserves high quality, affordable health coverage. We've enrolled over 9 Million people and process more than 1 in 3 Healthcare.gov applications.
EVERYONE DESERVES ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE - WE'RE HERE TO SUPPLY IT🤲🏿
HealthSherpa has enrolled over 9 million low income Americans in high quality ACA-compliant (Obamacare) health coverage. These 9 million people have received over $50b in government subsidies to pay for their health coverage, and the typical enrollee is paying <$10 a month for high quality, comprehensive health coverage that costs ~$825 a month. We have a large, direct impact on solving the problem of access to healthcare for the lowest-income, most vulnerable people in our society.
OUR SHARED PRACTICES & VALUES ❤️
- Put customers first.
- Be constructive & direct.
- Take ownership.
- Help each other succeed.
- Get things done.
- Set the bar high.
- Test and learn.
DEI | THE BUILDING BLOCKS OF OUR FOUNDATION 👩🏽⚕️🧑🏻⚕️👨🏿⚕️
HealthSherpa has signed the Founder's Commitment started by Kapor Capital. Signing this commitment means we are dedicated to building a company that bakes diversity & inclusion into our business. We firmly believe that diverse and inclusive teams are more innovative because they do a better job of incorporating valuable perspectives into their products’ DNA. They also do a better job of serving all of their customers by better understanding their wants and needs and communicating more effectively with them. Ultimately, diverse teams build better products and better serve their customers.
We strongly believe in diversity and inclusion of all people, of all genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, shapes, sizes, educational backgrounds, religions, abilities, socioeconomic backgrounds, immigration statuses, and more.
Equity is not the same as equality. For us, it’s about leveling the playing field. Making sure that as we consider growth and development opportunities, that we are creating fair access and opportunity to our team members. It’s about making sure that we are doing everything we can to identify and eliminate the barriers that exist for some but not all. We practice this in a few ways:
- Extensive managerial screens to make sure the people in management or leadership positions understand what equity means and how to apply that understanding in order to help their team grow in their roles and at the company.
- We apply clear guidelines and flexibility around objectives and reviews across all team members, functions and levels vs. some.
- We promote from within to help employees level up regardless of ‘traditional’ experience
- We provide growth & development stipends
Inclusion is about making sure our team members belong, are seen, are heard and feel like they are actively participating and contributing to the greater good of the team and company. We practice this in a few ways:
- Open and Transparent forums for meetings
- Allowing different methods of feedback for peers and leadership (anonymous surveys, postmortems, etc)
- Creating channels that are moderated safe spaces where folks of all different backgrounds and lived experiences can share & discuss things that are top of mind like Black Lives Matter topics, Immigration topics, LGBTQ+ topics, and more.
Leadership addressing the above topics with the team and providing workshops and safe routes of discussion with DEI experts to share with other community and team members. By doing this, we are showing we genuinely care. But it goes beyond just speaking to these tragedies, it must be addressed in practice. This means zero-tolerance policy for any isms we identify and see on the team. This is even more important as we continue to grow.
WE SUPPORT THE HEALTH & HAPPINESS OF OUR EMPLOYEES 🏥
HealthSherpa offers an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Lifeworks. This program provides confidential support from clinical counselors, certified coaches and other professionals related to:
- Legal Advice
- Financial Guidance
- Mental Health
- And more!
Employees have access to 8 sessions at no cost to the employee.
At HealthSherpa, we are committed to building a team that is, as much as possible, reflective of the general population of our user base, which includes beneficiaries of the Affordable Care Act as well as the users of our product. It's not just because we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion builds stronger teams, but also because the people who benefit the most from the ACA –the end population we are serving – often come from low-income communities and/or communities of color.
INTERVIEW PROCESS ✔️
- 1. Recruiter Phone Screen.
- 2. Take-home technical challenge.
- 3. 1-2 Technical Sessions with members of the Engineering team.
- 4. Call with the Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer.
- 5. Call with a member of our Product team.
- 6. Call with the Director of Engineering (Lead Engineer candidates only).
- Remote first company
- Competitive salary
- Great compensation package with meaningful equity in a high growth, profitable company, with offers that are competitive to SF Bay Area regardless of your location
- Excellent benefits package that includes health, vision and dental coverage for you, your spouse and dependents
- Monthly grocery / internet stipend
- 401K w/ a match after grace period
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave
- 4 weeks paid vacation in addition to holidays
- Formal mentorship and training along three distinct tracks (management, engineering, and leadership)