The community for startup technologists. Hatchpad is a community where current and aspiring startup technologists connect and grow together, see behind-the-scenes of product startup tech teams, and discover ways to excel and advance in their careers.
Software Engineer – Backend
Senior DevOps Engineer
Software Engineer – Kubernetes Integrations
Data Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
Product Design Lead
HELPING TECHNOLOGISTS REACH THEIR FULL POTENTIAL 🧗🏽♀️
We’re building a collective of product, data, and engineering professionals seeking professional growth in the startup or small business space.
Our community connects through:
Articles & Insights: Interviews with startup tech leaders – from career advice to why they chose their particular tech stack.
Startups & Jobs: A behind-the-scenes look into local, emerging startups. Including their tech stack, products, technical leadership, and open roles.
Community Forum: Meet, interact, and grow alongside other technologists from startup teams.
Online Tech Events: Including roundtables, code-alongs, and mixers.
We strive to achieve these common goals:
- Connect technologists who have similar backgrounds, skills, and interests: Meeting other techies who have similar goals as yourself can prove challenging. This is especially true for those working in a niche position or small company. The hatchpad provides a learning environment where technologists connect with one another, learn together, and grow in a community environment.
- Go behind the scenes of engineering teams at startups and small businesses to provide an inside perspective: It’s nearly impossible to gain an accurate understanding of an engineering team, unless you’re actually on it! We interview the technical teams of these companies and share our insights on hatchpad. Our goal is to take away the guesswork for developers looking to make a career transition.
- Find innovative product startups and learn about how they use technology to solve real-world problems: This inside perspective provides insights that help others succeed in the technology space.
THE CORE VALUES THAT DRIVE US ✨
At hatchpad we are committed to building a workplace in which everyone is empowered to develop, to contribute, and to succeed.
Entrepreneurial: We determine our destiny
Code Savvy: We understand software engineering
Community Driven: We give back to the startup community
Candidate Centric: We go to bat for our candidates
Diversity: We emphasize diversity and inclusion
OUR DE&I PRATICES💪🏿
As a company, we see diversity and inclusion as the right thing to do. We strive to attract, invest in, and develop the talents of diverse people who reflect the society and community in which we live and do business.
Our hatchpad community strives to bridge technologists from diverse backgrounds with exciting career growth opportunities.
We recognize that equity manifests in fair and equal compensation, benefits, and access to opportunity. We believe in treating each applicant for employment fairly and with dignity and are committed to actualizing our Mission Statement in our recruiting strategy.
We actively implement our belief that the right way to attract, retain, and develop the best talent in our industry who share our passion is to base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, family care status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Creating an inclusive environment where all employees are engaged and performing at high levels, and where differences in outlook, perspective and background are seen as adding value, is a core element of our strategy. Enhanced business relationships, greater innovation, increased productivity, profitability and enhanced portfolio company relationships are among the benefits of the diverse and inclusive culture we are building at hatch IT.
OUR EFFORTS TO SUSTAIN A SAFE AND DIVERSE CULTURE 🙏🏼
We will continue to foster an inclusive environment, ensuring that there are marketing campaigns and posts that reflect our diverse community.
We will increase BIPOC (Black, Indigenious and People of Color) representation across Hatchpad to ensure that all community members see reflections of themselves in the startup ecosphere.
We will continue to align with diversity-focused groups, communities, non-profits, and organizations whose missions are centered around equal opportunity for their members.
Our team at hatchpad selectively engages with startups who seek to support the health, happiness, and goals of their employees. To learn more about each startup’s culture and team, visit our startup search: https://www.myhatchpad.com/startups/
- 30-minute Phone Screen with a team member from hatchpad.
- Once you move past that, you’ll begin interviewing with the startup(s) you’re interested in.
*The interview process can vary depending on the company. Check out the Jobs on hatchpad to get a detailed description of the interview process behind each role!
Each startup that’s part of the hatchpad community offers different benefits. For the startups that are hiring, we offer a detailed description of their perks + benefits!