We are food for work.
ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions and is purpose-built for business. ezCater’s corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We’re backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille.
Our people are terrifically talented straight-shooters who love what they do. We’ve built an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance. And everyone is generous and kind, too—we have a strict no jerk policy.
We embrace a hybrid-remote environment. Want to work in our Boston/Denver offices? At home? A combination of both? You’re empowered to do what’s best for you! Ready to join us?
VALUES THAT FILL OUR CULTURE😋
Go beyond helpful – We love to help – above and beyond is our standard.
No jerks – Be respectful and kind to everybody, nothing less will be accepted.
Just try it. And track it – We love to experiment and want zero fear of failure. Trial and error is how we learn, and learning is how we succeed.
Aim higher. Make it better – We’re always striving to be better. Be bold and do things better than you did them yesterday.
Own it. Figure it out – We don’t pass something off because it’s challenging, we stick with it to the end.
Trust in transparency – We have nothing to hide and we let our data speak for itself.
Spend wisely – Substance over show every time.
Grow fast and eat cupcakes – We balance our ambition with being humans and know the value of stepping back to recharge. And we celebrate, with cupcakes!
Move fast and break things – Perfection is the enemy of progress. We focus on what moves us forward, even if it’s not perfect.
Drive diversity, ensure equity, and ingrain inclusion – DEI is in our DNA and prioritized in everything we do.
WE DELIVER THE BEST EXPERIENCE BECAUSE DE&I IS A PRIORITY👨🏾🍳👩🏻💻
We view DE&I as requirements, not nice-to-haves. We intentionally recruit diverse talent to build an employee population that reflects the diversity of our community, customers, and catering partners. We strive to create an environment where:
- Everyone feels comfortable bringing their full selves to work
- Everyone knows the importance of their contributions
- We reflect and support the communities we’re a part of
- Everyone is treated equitably and given equitable opportunities to succeed.
OUR INGREDIENT LIST FOR A SAFE & HAPPY SPACE📝
- Holding space in the form of open conversations for employees to speak and listen to others about their experiences.
- Employee-run affinity groups.
- DEI training for managers and unconscious bias training for all employees.
- Bi-annual DEI surveys soliciting feedback from employees and measuring the effectiveness of current initiatives.
- Leadership/management training for all managers, taught through an inclusive lens.
- Training for all staff involved in interview processes, including an Implicit Bias training.
- Unlimited vacation (and we encourage you to use it).
- Robust Employee Assistance Program.
- Supportive & accessible People team to support you with whatever life may throw your way.
- Intermittent Mental Health days.
- Real access to Leadership – most departments offer skip-level meetings, lunch and learns with Executives, and our CEO has an open door policy that really means open door.
- Bi-weekly mindful meditation sessions via Zoom.
- Volunteer opportunities.
- A tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy.
WE DON’T JUST FIND SATISFACTION WITH DIVERSITY, WE NEED EQUITY & INCLUSION TOO🛎
DEI is a hot topic in the tech community right now, and it’s about time! However, there is a lot of focus on Diversity and not enough on Equity and Inclusion. One difference the tech industry needs to see is removing unnecessary barriers to opportunity, but not just entry level opportunities, to leadership, to whose voice is heard, and to whose potential is recognized when it’s time for promotions.
In hiring and when it’s time for promotions, we often talk about the “ideal candidate” and needing the “right experience.” What “ideal” and “right” mean is often influenced by bias, and where potential in majority represented candidates is recognized, candidates from underrepresented groups need to have proven and extensive experience. This is just one example of how bias creates unnecessary barriers and blocks access to opportunities and growth.
Everyone from frontline employees, to leadership, needs to recognize that biases, like the one discussed above, in the workplace exist. We cannot move forward until it’s addressed, no matter how many “diverse” hires are made. Creating opportunities for underrepresented groups is one step in the right direction, but it needs to be matched with an environment where they are recognized for their contributions, feel appreciated, and not victim to shifting performance goal posts that hinder their ability to grow in their careers. Our DEI surveys, Affinity groups, Courageous Conversations, are some of the ways we make sure underrepresented voices are heard. Our People team is also open and accessible to all employees at all times to listen and support them through whatever they may need.
- Screen with Talent: This is with a recruiter who is mostly focused on assessing overall culture/technical alignment. It serves as a great opportunity for candidates to ask questions and learn more about the role/team/company.
- Conversation with Hiring Manager: This is typically 30-45 minutes via phone or zoom. This
is a great way for you to learn more about the role/ezCater and for the Hiring Manager to understand your background. For technical positions, like analytics or engineering, there are typically questions focused on your knowledge of a specific language or program. We are also evaluating each individual’s ability and potential to learn a specific language/program and demonstrate a passion for working collaboratively.
- Extended Team/Panel Interviews: This is an opportunity to meet with team members and stakeholders you would work with regularly in the role. Each interviewer has their own focus area to assess your alignment for the position. Depending on the role, this round may include an exercise to assess for technical abilities.
- You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
- Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
- Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.